Welcome to OUR
We want you to be successful in every assignment. If you have questions or run into problems, do not hesitate to contact us.
We’re open weekdays 7 am to 10 pm CET.
+46 (0)10 222 16 01
VERSION 1.6.0 (January 2022)
Firmware update 1.6.0 is a major release which adds a number of free features and bug fixes. 1.6.0 also introduces licensed features to be loaded with individual license keys for each feature and NEWTON product. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
License-based new features:
- Wheels Input. Enables camera pan & tilt operation using NODO Inertia Wheels. Requires a NEWTON NODO dongle.
- AR Output. Allows output of tracking data for camera angle and zoom value, required for generation of Augmented Reality pictures overlays.
- Motion Control – operation from an external source. Allows for both real-time and pre-recorded control of NEWTON head and lens, from for example a computer, over Ethernet protocol.
Both AR Output and Motion Control are experimental features, which can be tried for 40 hours without license.
Free new features:
- Adds a way to scale the focus wheel input. This is especially useful on the C2 version with dual joystick where you now can set the joystick focus knob to have a full range of up to four full rotations.
- Allows max zoom speed to be mapped to an encoder knob on C1/C2 controller.
- In the S1/S2 menu, the “ABOUT” tab shows firmware version and runtime for the head.
For compatibility, all NEWTON devices (head, controller & camera/lens dongles) must be updated to the latest firmware version.
The software for the upgrade dongle is compatible with Windows (7, 8, 8.1 and 10) and macOS.
Discover the new features in our firmware releases.
Learn how to balance and tune the NEWTON system.