Welcome to OUR SUPPORT
We want you to be successful in every assignment. If you have questions or run into problems, do not hesitate to contact us.
We’re open weekdays 7 am to 10 pm CET.
+46 (0)10 222 16 01
VERSION 1.6.0 (January 2022)
Firmware update 1.6.0 is a major release which adds a number of free features and bug fixes. 1.6.0 also introduces licensed features to be loaded with individual license keys for each feature and NEWTON product. Contact email@example.com for more info.
License-based new features:
- Wheels Input. Enables camera pan & tilt operation using NODO Inertia Wheels. Requires a NEWTON NODO dongle.
- AR Output. Allows output of tracking data for camera angle and zoom value, required for generation of Augmented Reality pictures overlays.
- Motion Control – operation from an external source. Allows for both real-time and pre-recorded control of NEWTON head and lens, from for example a computer, over Ethernet protocol.
Both AR Output and Motion Control are experimental features, which can be tried for 40 hours without license.
Free new features:
- Adds a way to scale the focus wheel input. This is especially useful on the C2 version with dual joystick where you now can set the joystick focus knob to have a full range of up to four full rotations.
- Allows max zoom speed to be mapped to an encoder knob on C1/C2 controller.
- In the S1/S2 menu, the “ABOUT” tab shows firmware version and runtime for the head.
For compatibility, all NEWTON devices (head, controller & camera/lens dongles) must be updated to the latest firmware version.
The software for the upgrade dongle is compatible with Windows (7, 8, 8.1 and 10) and macOS.