Stabilized remote head
In live TV
The stabilized remote camera head for broadcast of world-class events.
NEWTON S1 stabilized head was first introduced in early 2016 and has since then become recognized as one of the top remote-controlled camera stabilizers in the TV broadcast industry. Acquired by companies such as NEP, Railcam and Spidercam GmbH, NEWTON is used in the most critical and demanding live broadcast conditions, where reliable, high performance is imperative. Due to compact features and ongoing development, NEWTON is now controlling moving TV cameras at the biggest live events around the world.
Only the overview
Send us a message
Stabilized remote head
- Precise control of camera and lens systems.
- 3-axis gyro-stabilization in all angles without gimbal lock.
- Unlimited pan in 360°/sec.
- Video out: fiber for 4K+ or 3G SDI.
- Extra video passthrough for genlock or overlay.
- Passthrough for remote camera control (iris/paint).
- Reliable control via wireless data links or cable.
- Instant integration with dollies and broadcast equipment.
- Compact – approx. 40 cm tall with camera
- Lightweight – approx. 7 kg without camera.
PLug in. relax. Broadcast.
moving camera stabilization
The NEWTON S2 stabilized remote head opens up for lightweight and low profile camera systems, enabling creative camera movement in the capturing of highly dynamic footage.
- Precise control of camera and lens due to the intuitive feeling, ergonomic features and high customizability of the control panel.
- Reliable system that does not fail you during live TV broadcast.
- Steady horizon, with low gyro-drift, both outdoors and indoors due to multiple non-GPS dependent sensors and proprietary algorithms.
- Brushless and quick 3-axis stabilization, that are strong enough to handle for example high speed car chasing on dirt roads with up to 120 mm focal length.
- Our support staff aim to make all your productions successful.
- Lightweight and compact stabilized head which enable discreet camera placement near the action and make it practical to travel with.
- Robust and weather proof aluminum body for wear in harsh environments.
- Lean system only consisting of stabilized head and remote controller.
- Short setup time with a camera cage, enabling the storage of a balanced and tuned camera package, ready for quick remount.
- Hot swappable batteries, powering a camera up to 3 hours.
- Silent remote stabilized head, for intimate TV studios.
- Proprietary sophisticated software which is reliable, under constant development and easily upgradable.
- A variety of features such as pan-follow, zoom desensitize, motors locked, motion record etc.
- Supports Augmented Reality (AR) as an additional feature.
- Large high-resolution display, with real-time gimbal, camera and lens data.
- Cost efficient and can be used on a variety of moving camera platforms, enabling economies of scale.
- Made for broadcast cameras such as SONY HDC-P1, P43, P50, Grass Valley LDX-C80, C86 Compact, Panasonic AK-UB300, Hitachi DH-H200 etc. but bigger film cameras such as Phantom Flex 4K are also used.
- Supports start and stop on RED cameras and Arri Alexa Mini.
- Integrated control of lens motors from Canon, Fujinon and Teradek RT.
- Allows control of telescopic towers from for example RTS & Egripment.
- Clean passthroughs of signals and offers power out to accessories, allowing the use of for example wireless video and serial data links of choosing.
NEWTON S2 stabilized remote head is used on a variety of moving applications such as telescopic cranes, cable cams, high speed rails, tower cams, tracking cars, motorcycles and boats.
NEWTON´s ultra-compact design enables installations of moving cameras in front or overhead of audience, without obstructing the view of spectators nor other cameras. Get the live TV viewers closer to the action with the NEWTON stabilized camera control system.
NEWTON C2 Controller
Precise remote control of the NEWTON stabilized camera head.
The first NEWTON remote controller was introduced in 2015 and has ever since been praised as one of the best control panels for stabilized camera systems in live TV broadcast. The C2, that started to ship in October 2020, features the option of lens control through joystick with an endless rotary top and we have also improved our standard lens control with a sturdier and even smoother zoom rocker. Another new feature is detachable antennas for easier exchange and for the use of third-party antenna options. A RS232 serial port is also added for third party wireless data communication. Together with our customers we strive to have the panel with the best control feel in the industry and our development is always guided by broadcast professionals spending long days on set.
Choose lens control
The C2 remote controller is ideal for multi camera TV productions. Joystick for lens control makes it easy to adjust focus and zoom at the same time and this is crucial to get nice smooth shots. I have used the C2 on TV productions like MasterChef and Family Food Fight in Norway and soon I will bring it to Let’s Dance and The Voice as well. It was a pleasure guiding the development of this control panel and I am excited to now use it on music productions.
Øyvind Granborg, Norway
Operating NEWTON on telescopic cranes
One of the best control panels I’ve used! Love the feel of the joystick and quick adjustability in the onboard menus. Being able to disconnect and walk over to the NEWTON head and plug in with one cable (or wireless if I choose) to tune the head saves so much time. I have operated NEWTON a lot on for example Ninja Warrior and its controller is definitely my favorite!
Santiago Yniguez, USA
Operating NEWTON on 1D and 3D cable cams
For camera operators that prefer wheels for gimbal operation, The NEWTON stabilized camera heads can be controlled through NODO Inertia 2 & 3 Axis Wheels. This wheel system is very smooth, features highly adjustable inertia motors, and is connected to the NEWTON C2 controller with an integration dongle.
See more about these wheels at: nodo.film/inertia-wheels
How CAN WE Assist you?
We sell NEWTON S2 stabilized camera control systems for our existing rigs but also complete moving camera solutions to service providers, TV-channels, broadcasters and rental houses. We can also direct you to our customers if you would like to rent our products.
Let us help you with Integration
We have over the years gained a lot of experience of integration of complete moving camera solutions, from camera to broadcast facilities. Let us guide you through the purchase of reliable wireless links, converters, cables and other equipment.
Send us a message here or call us on +46 (0) 10 222 16 00
NEWTON on set
We evaluated the NEWTON S2 Fiber in live sports broadcast during the product development and we are now integrating the stabilized heads on our product line for 4K broadcast of soccer, motor sports, cricket etc. The capability of providing rock steady shots, even in difficult conditions, and the freedom in maneuvering the camera, made the NEWTON camera system the right choice for our way forward.