Stabilized remote head
In live TV
The stabilized remote camera head for broadcast of world class events.
The NEWTON S1 stabilized head was first introduced in early 2016 and has since then become recognized as one of the top remote-controlled camera stabilizers in the TV broadcast industry. Acquired by companies such as NEP, Railcam and Spidercam GmbH, NEWTON is used in the most critical and demanding live broadcast conditions, where reliable, high performance is imperative. Due to compact features and ongoing development, NEWTON is now controlling moving TV cameras at the biggest live events around the world.
Only the overview
Send us a message
- Precise control of camera and lens systems.
- 3-axis gyro-stabilization in all angles without gimbal lock.
- Unlimited pan in 360°/sec.
- Optical fiber for 4K or SDI for 3G video.
- Dual video channel for genlock or overlay.
- Passthrough for remote camera control (paint).
- Reliable control via wireless data links or cable.
- Instant integration with dollies and broadcast equipment.
- Hot swappable batteries, powering a camera up to 3 hours.
- Praised customizable remote control panel.
- Compact and lightweight stabilized head – approx 40 cm high with camera and 7 kg without camera.
PLug in. relax.
moving camera stabilization
The NEWTON S2 camera control system opens up for utilization of lightweight and low profile camera systems for creative camera movement and capturing of new highly dynamic footage.
- 3-axis stabilization without gimbal lock even during straight look down.
- Reliable system that does not fail you during live TV broadcast.
- Steady horizon, with low gyro-drift, both outdoors and indoors due to multiple non-GPS dependent sensors and proprietary algorithms.
- Brushless and quick motors that are strong enough to handle for example high speed car chasing on dirt roads with up to 120 mm focal length.
- Our support staff aim to make all your productions successful.
- 360° continuous pan with the speed 360°/sec.
- Lightweight and compact which enable discreet camera placement near the action and make it practical to travel with.
- Robust and weather proof aluminum body for wear in harsh environments.
- Lean system only consisting of head and remote controller.
- Short setup time with a camera cage, enabling the storage of a balanced and tuned camera package, ready for quick remount.
- Proprietary sophisticated software which is reliable, under constant development and easily upgradable.
- Highly appreciated remote controller due to its ergonomic features, high customizability and intuitive control feeling.
- Has a variety of features such as pan-follow, zoom desensitize, motors locked, motion record etc.
- Large high-resolution display, with real-time gimbal, camera and lens data.
- Cost efficient and can be used on a variety of moving camera platforms.
- Full broadcast connectivity enabled by multi-channel slip ring with dual video and ethernet/serial data passthrough for genlock & RCP camera control.
- Made for broadcast cameras such as SONY HDC-P1, P43, P50, Grass Valley LDX-C80, C86 Compact, Panasonic AK-UB300, Hitachi DH-H200 etc. but bigger film cameras such as Phantom Flex 4K are also used.
- Supports start and stop on RED cameras and Arri Alexa Mini.
- Integrated control of lens motors from Canon, Fujinon and Teradek RT.
- Clean passthroughs of signals and offers power out to accessories, allowing the use of for example wireless video and serial data links of choosing.
NEWTON S2 stabilized remote head is used on a variety of moving applications such as telescopic cranes, cable cams, high speed rails, tower cams, tracking cars, motorcycles and boats.
NEWTON´s ultra-compact design enables installations of moving cameras in front or overhead of audience, without obstructing the view of spectators nor other cameras. Get the live TV viewers closer to the action with the NEWTON stabilized camera control system.
How CAN WE Assist you?
We sell NEWTON S2 stabilized camera control systems for our existing rigs but also complete moving camera solutions to service providers, TV-channels, broadcasters and rental houses. We can also direct you to our customers if you would like to rent our products.
Let us help you with Integration
We have over the years gained a lot of experience of integration of complete moving camera solutions, from camera to broadcast facilities. Let us guide you through the purchase of reliable wireless links, converters, cables and other equipment.
Send us a message here or call us on +46 (0) 10 222 16 00
NEWTON on set
We evaluated the NEWTON S2 fiber prototype in live sports broadcast during the product development and we are now integrating the NEWTON S2 Fiber on our flagship product line for 4K broadcast of soccer, motor sports, cricket etc. The capability of providing rock steady shots, even in difficult conditions, and the freedom in maneuvering the camera made NEWTON the right choice for our way forward.